Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Melbourne Part 9

Right, this is my ninth post that is based on my trip to Melbourne..
I am gonna wrap the whole trip up real soon..
Bet you guys got sick of my endless photographs that I took during my trip..
Thank goodness my camera don't have a bigger memory for me to snap more photographs..
=X

This post is all about my trip to Phillip Island..
It is a 3 hours journey from the city(if I am not mistaken)..
I love Phillip Island so so sooooo much!
Its the prettiest beach that I've been to..
Well, I don't travel much..
But so far..
That's the most breathtaking beach ever..
I mean..
The island has such amazing scenery..
Not that St Kilda's beach wasn't pretty..
It is, but man..
Phillip Island *in a super dreamy tone*
*sigh*
I love that island.

We arrived at a farm...
And spent our noon there..
There's where I get my first experience looking at sheeps and wallaby..
Well they don't have sheeps in Malaysia do they?

Horses, a pretty common animal in Aussie..


Wallaby!


I don't really like the sight of that though..

But I absolutely like watching those working dogs at work!^^
Dogs are such intelligent animal.
Not forgetting, they are men's best friend!=p








These dogs at work, they will look after the sheeps for their owner..

Well, they will be sitting there watching those sheeps until they get their instructions from their owners that its okay for them to leave those sheeps alone. And if their owners forgotten about them or if the weather turns sour, you bet the dogs will not move an inch from where they are. Such dedicated, loyal and reliable animal don't you think?

Except for my dog at home is intelligent in his very own way. For instance, my dog knows when its mealtime and if anyone of us at home forgotten about his meal time, he'll bark at us demanding for food, he wouldn't stop barking until we gave him its meal. He will usually wait for us to be back home for him to finish his meals, usually we'll feed him before we leave home just in case we'll come back late, but he'll wait for us to come back home so that he can gobble up his food in our presence. And my dog hates strangers which is good in so many ways. Though its just a lil shih tzu, but its fierceness can definitely prevent anyone from breaking into our home. Plus I don't havta worry about him being dognapped (no such word exist, but I invented it myself ) by some strangers.

I am a dog lover and a cat hater.
Though I used to play with kittens a lot during my schooling days..
Cats are ANNOYING.




KOALAS!
Oh my!
They are such ADORABLE lil thing!
So cuddly and so cuddly?
Anyway, I thought I wouldn't get the opportunity to see how is a koala like in real life..
Since, I didn't thought we'll be heading to the wild.
Oh, and did I tell you that I absolutely lurve the wild?
I didn't wanna go to the Melbourne zoo..
Or the Melbourne Aquarium..
Though that the place where tourist would love to go to when they are in Melbourne..
Except, I hate to see those animals behind cages or those huge aquariums.

Its so depressing looking at those animals or sea creatures having their freedom taken away from them. Hence, you'll expect no photographs of me paying a visit to the zoo or the aquarium place..

Good thing that the tour guide brought us to the Koala sanctuary.
Though I don't get my chance to hold those koalas, but I am happy enough to be able to see them live in front of my very own pair of eyes.=D















Most of them are hibernating..
But there are a couple that are actively awake..




Dropped by the chocolate factory!
Nothing much in there, but there are yummy chocolates for us to purchase!=p
Then we headed over to this place called the..
I forgot...
=X
But we get to see seals there(sorta) and penguins..
I didn't know those lil birds are penguins cause I thought penguins are supposed to be big.
Buthen they are such cute little thing and I saw heaps of them peeking through their lil homes(holes to be exact) and staring at me.
You havta be really quiet if you want them to come out from their holes,
They are such shy creatures.





Beautiful isn't it?
Its prettier on the other side..
I walked all the way to the other side and wow man..
The breeze was so strong that it almost blew me off,
But its worth the walk there..

It has such AMAZING scenery and I find myself having to remind myself to breathe properly when I look at that incredibly beautiful scenery.



Yeap, the water is THAT blue-ish..
I can even see the corals from where I'm standing..
*sighs*
My parents should really go to that place..
I got a feeling that they too will be mesmerized with that amazing scenery..
Mom, dad I'll make sure you guys get to be there one fine day..

After that, dinner at the penguin parade place..
Then around eight-ish..
My grandparents and I headed over to the penguin parade place..
Where we got to catch another breathtaking view of those little penguins,
Or fairy penguins or blue penguins..
Parading along the beach..
We are not allowed to capture any photographs of the parade, which explains why I do not have any more photographs of that incredibly sight that I'd witnessed with so many other people who were there..
The penguins were predicted to waddle their way to the shore at about 8.30pm..
But if I am not mistaken, we managed to catch the sight of those penguins at about 8.45pm.

The waves were strong that evening and I can see those little penguins struggling to get their little feet on the shores. A group of them will swim their way to the shore, for swept again by the waves and find their way again to the shore..

Then they'll waddle together in a small group to their respective lil homes...
Along our way back to where I had my dinner at initially..
Those penguins were waddling next to us..
And its such an adorable sight that you couldn't help but to go awwww at those penguins.
They are so tiny and cute, and they are smaller than my teddies!

My grandparents love looking at those penguins and the wild animals..
Its like my first time seeing both of their eyes lightning up at something..
Like there's a true glimmer on their eyes when you see them both looking at those wild animals..=)
Cause when we were at the Great Ocean, my grandpa said we traveled all the way there to look at rocks!(Its the 12 apostles by the way)

We reached our aunt's place that night at 12am-ish.
I still remember that day so clearly and I managed to sorta type it all out here in sequence, from the part where we arrived at the island and stuff..
I might left out something, but they are probably not important so I couldn't recall..XD

No comments:

Post a Comment