Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Melbourne Part 2

I followed my aunt to Box Hill and that town is bigger than the chinatown in the city.
Its a place where it is infested with chinks..
There are heaps of chinese restaurant there and chinese stuff.
Its another Hong Kong in that place.

I personally do not like the place, but my grandparents LOVE it.

Knowing its all chinese around them, they got really excited looking at people who are just like them, lesser "ang mo's" and more cina kuis(chinese ghost, if you translate it), they are as happy as a lark being there and I only the other hand, feel super outta place.

But the food is yummy though! I had dumplings, some Shanghai cuisine.

My lil cousin working on their homework after school.
Chinese fast food?o.O
My lunch! While my grandparents had their chinese food, as usual I love my sandwich=)

Look at how fresh those fishes are!*drools*

I went to the city and explore by myself,
Met Steph there..
And since my grandparents love being at home, I usually take off by myself exploring.

Not usually, but almost all the time! Except during the tours when my aunt booked some tour for us to go around on certain days of the weeks, my grandparents will join me, other than that they pretty much stayed at home all the time and its frustrating cause whenever we are out with them, they wanted to go back home.

Some of you might have grandparents who love adventure,
And grandparents who love trying new stuff,
I do not have such grandparents.

They are basically those typical traditional asian grandparents you can find from an asian family, who will practically die of hunger without the presence of rice in their diet, they hate changes and love the familiarity and even in Melbourne they are looking for Malaysian stuff to satisfy themselves.

So instead of having them to spoil the fun for me, I take off to explore by myself and hell, what fun I had!











Flinder's station
St Pauls Cathedral church

the Yarra river
Stephanie=) That is the first time we met, in the city and I knew her two weeks before I headed over to Melbourne. And you bet we had one heck of a time there!


Shrine of remembrance, a historical site a place to commemorate the soldiers men and women who sacrifice their life during the victorian days














The ceiling


I've learned this before during History lesson last year, if I am not mistaken, Mr Hanna did mentioned before that this fire must be lighted all the time cause its a symbol of hope or something, and every year, there's a day where everyone had the poppy flower pinned on their tee as their way to remember the sacrifices that the soldiers and men who fought in the war or something. And there's supposed to be a tomb where they had an unknown soldier buried in it so that those family who've lost their family members, will have a sense of hope that perhaps just perhaps the bodies of their loved ones is buried into one of that tomb. There are a few of those tombs in the world, and I know they have it in Russia, the States, Canada and yes, I think I saw the tomb there too.

I don't know if I got that right, but I remember something about the world war and families losing their love ones and what happened in Aussie back then is the same and they have that memorial sites for those soilders, women and men who fought for the country during the victorian times.




I didn't know Australia practice the poppy tradition once every year to commemorate the soldiers maybe I did heard about it before but it slipped off my mind. I can't remember what tradition is it but there's a name for that event actually.

After that, Steph and I headed over to the Royal Botanical Garden(or was it the Botanical Garden?) which is situated next to the Shrine of Remembrance.





























I absolutely LOVE being young and youthful.
Though I am turning 19th this year, I don't feel nineteen AT ALL!
Most girls complain about how fast they age, but I guess its different in my case..
I always feel young, even on my birthday, I feel younger!
And mind you, there's not a single hint of sarcasm in that statement.=)

Mom laughed when I told her our tour guide, who is some China man in Aussie, didn't believe me when I told him that I am a university student.

Dad's birthday is tomorrow! And I can't remember how old he is. To me he's forever young. Same goes to my mom. I can't envisioned them old. Though their hair have been turning grey for the past few years, but in my eyes, they are still very youthful looking^^



I need help here since I can't decide what to get for myself.

I can only afford to get myself one new gadget though I really can do with a new phone, since mine is not working properly now, a new digital camera, preferably a DSLR camera cause I sorta had enough of having bad quality photographs in my collection of photographs and an ipod perhaps since I can really do with some music with me whenever I go. So what should I get for myself? A new phone, a new digital camera since mine is lousy beyond words(wish my parents could buy me a better quality camera that time) or an ipod?

PS : Pardon me for the sucky quality photographs, I didn't bother to do any editing.


Song of the day, Uncle Kracker, Smile

"You make me smile like the sun
Fall out of bed, sing like bird
Dizzy in my head, spin like a record
Crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like a fool
Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Ohh, you make me smile"

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment