Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Melbourne, goodbye

I met Steph and we bugged Way Wen to join us.
However, Way Wen didn't wanna leave his place since it was pouring that morning..
So Steph and I went to the National Art Gallery to kill our time there..
Steph took most of the photographs and I am actually waiting for her to transfer that pictures into her Facebook album when she's free=)





The picture above has something unique in it.. Every corner we are at the room with that picture in it, You'll notice that the eyes of the figures in that picture will follow where ever you are in the room.

This is the most expensive piece of art in the National Gallery. Its worth 300 million and it survived through the world wars.

That painting above, has two themes, one is Asia another is Australia.
I like this painting too. Notice the swastika sign and a figure of Hitler there? That painting has a theme based on the world war, something about depression the painter faced during that period of time..
Steph, admiring the colourful ceiling in the art gallery. She has the picture with her, I didnt snap any since my camera is running outta memory=(

Then we went to St Kilda beach and hung out there..


Way Wen finally decided to join us..=p

Thursday.. Which is my last day I spent my time in the city.. Met Steph and her mates in the evening.. Since we wanted to go to the St Kilda night market. Dropped by Luna Park.. And hung around at the beach, watched the sun set(sorta) and hunt for penguins!
Luna Park..
We were just messing around..
Four of us sat on the jetty(if I am not mistaken, that's a jetty) and talked while enjoying the breeze and the view..



Steph and Ben was trying to get into the pic..


St Kilda night market..



Then its time for.. A goodbye..=(
My dearest cousin brother, Jun Shen who usually drop by Jun Yi's room to see if I am sleeping every night before he goes to bed. There's a lot about that lil cousin brother of mine, that I can't phrase it properly in words. You really needa spend time with him to know his ways..=)

Jun Yi, my cousin sister! We share the same bedroom when I was there. Usually we'll have out night chats before we go to bed and at times when her mom came into her room to check on her, we were still chatting. We talked about books a lot since both of us are an avid reader and food and school and being a teen. She asked me about how is it like being close to an adult and so many questions about being a teenager. LOL! She's an inquisitive child. Her favourite is my baby pillow and my smell. Ahahah! She's adorable. I miss her already=(




I love leaving home for an adventure. I don't get homesick, surprisingly. Buthen maybe that's because I know I am there for a vacation and I'll be back soon. Throughout my stay there, I hardly think about home to be honest. The only time I really think about home is on the night before I head home.

I managed to learn a lil bit of this and that about the field that I am gonna pursue after this. The stigma that I am bound to face and the culture differences. Somehow, it reminds me that I havta get myself prepared for those. Spoke to a very nice doctor about his field and read books during my stay there regarding to the field that I am interested in. Mostly, I am sure that I've chosen the field that I know that I have real interest in cause during my stay there.

I am saving my university rant for my next post. But, to wrap things up about my stay in Melbourne; I had a time of my life there. Its a vacation that I needed so much and it is a form of escapism for me. Its a waste that I couldn't dropped by Sydney cause apparently we are supposed to be heading over to Sydney for a few days during my stay in Aussie and boy, you can imagine the disappointment when my aunt said we are not going to Sydney. Then again, another lesson learnt from there.

My parents can't say no to my next request of leaving home alone for another adventure next time cause they know very well that I like travelling alone or with a friend who love an adventure. To be honest, I've been wanting to head over to Melbourne for a vacation for 3 years already. Most of the time, my parents made empty promises and I guess its just my luck that I have such a long break, long enough for me to travel and gain some experience from working with the kids.

I got a feeling that I'll like America better=)

No comments:

Post a Comment