Friday, March 26, 2010

First week, ice-breaking.

Hey ya!!

Back to blogging and I've not been updating my blog since my first lesson in Uni for some reason. Cause for one, my week started off with a crazy hectic schedule. And when I got back home, I am already drained from what I did in campus for that day itself.

Transportation has been a problem for me this week..
Hence I am hoping that I'll get my car soon cause right now, I can still tolerate with the fact that I have a problem with going back home after my classes since my lecturers are all very kind to us this week and for that I don't have any assignments to do yet except for an article to analyze.

I got to know my classmates better when I first started my lesson with them.
I can't remember all their names but I do remember the names of the peeps that I hang out with.

I have good lecturers.
Dr Alia speaks our language and I don't find lesson a drag.
Even stats class wasn't a drag for a change! Cause Dr Ranjitha's explanation is so much better compared to my previous Data Management lecturer!XD

So for my first semester, we are doing most of the compulsory subjects such as Research Method, Study Skills(which is only for 4 weeks), English for Psychology and the chosen ones are Introduction to Psychology and Statistics.

This week, there were a lot of introduction to our subjects..
Some lecturers were short..
Tutorial were..hrm..alright.
But we all know that it'll be so much different soon!
We were reminded by our lecturers about having to read a lot..
And doing well and that sorta stuff..

Before this when I was doing my Canadian Pre University course..
There were 70% coursework(which of course includes all our unit tests and quizez, besides assignment) and 30% from our finals..
That's the American education system.
However now, I am learning under the British education system which is the total opposite of the American education system where 70% are from our finals and 30% are from our coursework.

One thing that is so obvious which is, university life is different.
But I thank my previous lecturers from my previous course for giving us the first hand experience about how is it like after our pre university course. You guys will get what I meant by that later as my post progressed about what I did in university.

I don't find it hard to make new friends..
And I don't find it hard to adapt to this whole new environment.
No doubt, my friends now are really different from the mates from my pre university course..
But they are really friendly.
At least I think some of them are=)

So today we only had an hour tutorial.
Headed over to Pyramid for lunch with my classmates..
Jyun, Violet, Elaine, Ummaiyah and Aruna couldn't join us for some reason..
Which means, Carmen, Weng Hoe, another dude(I still can't remember his name) and I hung out together..


Carmen, one of my classmate. She did FIA in Sunway before this and she's a really sweet girl

He's one of my classmate who is from Botswana. There are 10 of them all together who are from there. They all have really complicated names and I am still trying to remember their names. He's a traveller and he hangs out with anyone..XD
Aruna, my ex high school senior, she's now my classmate!!=) And Elaine, she was from Convent, she too is my classmate. Aruna and I are in the same tutorial group. Except for Elaine and Violet who are both in tutorial group 2. And the rest who are from tutorial group 2, I can't remember all their names cause for one, they all have chinese names and I can't remember chinese names most of the time=X Not being a stereotype, but I have a really tough time remembering a lot of names. Looks like Weng Hoe and Jia Hui are the only two chinese names that I can remember>.<
Ummaiyah, she's from Pakistan. She was intially quiet, but after a couple of days, she began to open up=) She's really funny! Today I found out that's she's homesick when she first started this course cause I bumped into her in the cafeteria and ended up chatting with her..^^ She has a rather thick accent and she speaks really fast. Unless you are sitting next to her or in front of her, you'll find it rather hard to get what is she trying to tell you.

I remembered during our first few lessons, we laughed when she speaks. I know we are not supposed to laugh but some of us can't help it. I laughed too when the peeps who were sitting behind me were laughing and I can't helped myself cause I have images of Russel Peters imitating the indians. But later we got used to her speaking really fast along with her heavy indian accent.

Jyun, he was from Taylors and he did SAM there, graduated and did a year of Business course in Monash, since his dad gave him no choice other than to pursue business, buthen his dad gave in later after he noticed that he wasn't happy in the course, so there he is in my course=) The other day when I had to spent 3 hours waiting for my dad, we chatted about so many different things from our childhood, our high school and funny experiences back then. He's really funny! He can joke without laughing at his own joke. He might look super serious but his looks are deceiving, cause this dude can really joke! Plus, he's the so called "outlier" in my class cause he's so tall!Xp

Weng Hoe, our campus tour guide. Since Elaine, Aruna and I are still new to the campus, he showed us around. He showed us places to have our lunch in besides the cafeteria, place to hang out and helped us with our password thingy in the computer lab. He's a MU fan and he reminds me a lot of Jia Shen(well sorta, though Jia Shen is one real cracko!)

Had lunch at Kim Gary..











My tomato soup and Carmen's creamy soup..

Our baked cheese rice..




Carmen and I have this habit of biting our straws..
We were both chewing on our straws while we were chatting after lunch..
Its funny cause we were both sitting next to each other,
And we were both chewing our straws like its the most delicious thing is the world!
XD

Carmen is a ballerina, she loves dancing, pink and she's nice=)


Forgotten what did they call these girls..
But we spot them nearby McD..
Since we were watching Charles skating.
Charles is one of my classmate,
He loves ice hockey and he usually trains at Pyramid ice skating ring..
And there's William who is a super blur guy.
Reason why I remember their names its because of my lecturer who laughed at the presence of the two "princes" in my class..XD
Weng Hoe(mango+pineapple), Carmen(chocolate+banana), and I(raspberry+strawberry) had ice-creams..

My three other classmates were also there..


And I can't remember their names!=X
Though they are the first few I've met during my orientation..

Got stucked in the traffic on my way back home..
Dad drove the car instead since it'll take ages for us to reach home if I waited..
For some reason, I was rather quick tempered after a loooong day..
And that's so not me getting tempremental easily so I guess its just the PMS=.=
At least I admitted that for now!
But its Friday already..
And since I don't have any assignments to work on yet,
I shall take advantage of this temporary freedom of mine!=)

Have a nice weekend peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment