Thursday, January 7, 2010

The kids and I


Its only my fourth day helping out in the kindergarten and I already am sorta attached to the kids. I love the little ones! Like seriously love them! They are shoooo adorable though they can be annoying super loud and uber hyper! I am hyper, but nobody can beat the kids hyper-ness. I am getting use to the cryings, wailings, the arguments among the kids and also having them clinging on me. Actually, I fine with them clinging on me and climbing all over me and shouting for no apparent reason just because they want attention, or they are just being plain mischievious.

There are like two of them that I have to hold them or to be there so that they wouldn't cry. Heidi and Michelle. Michelle is alright actually but she cries when she has nobody to give her the attention, same goes to Heidi who needs to be seated on my lap, or to be pampered by me and to hold my hands. So yeah, I have little Heidi and Michelle besides Grace lately who follow me wherever I go. I even havta tell them that their jie jie(which is me obviously) will be back after a while whenever I needa take some of the kids out to "wee wee"(urine). Then there's little Shaun, who is UBER adorable too. He's like a baby in the class(he's not the only baby in the class actually). I remember him having his mom around with him during lesson on the first day of school, but the next day, he was cool without his mommy with him in the class. He'll ask me to bring him his baby pillow or prepare "milk milk" for him and cuddle him when he wants someone to cuddle him. So yeah, I am like his "mother" and his "jie jie" in school. Actually, I began to feel like a mother to some of the kids, like if they cry, I feel the need to cuddle them and make sure they are ok and stuff. Like little Michelle, she usually cries in the morning when her mommy or daddy dropped her to school and I have sit somewhere with her alone and wait for her to stop crying before I carry her to class.

I am not allowed to pamper all of them to be honest. Like when they cry, yes, I do have to attend to them but after a while if they cry again just to get my attention, I am being asked to leave them alone, but I don't actually plan to ignore them since I don't feel good leaving them like that, so what I did was to tell them that if they continue crying their jie jie have to leave them alone and they stopped crying=D

Then there's little Natalie who is only two year old, she's super cute! Like seriously cute! All the kids are cute to be exact. Hahahaha!! Today she wet her uniform since she didn't lift up her uniform properly before she "wee wee" and she gave me that look cause she "poo poo" and she needs someone to clean up for her(yes, the kids some of them are still too young to use words so its really up to me to read them). So yea, I got her changed, and I got some other kids changed since they wet their uniforms. This morning little Ern Chuan came in and she dídn't know how to tell me that she wants to "wee wee" and ended up pee-ing in the class, little Gerard accidentally stepped on her pee and asked me why is the floor wet and I havta get him to remove his socks without tell him that his classmate accidentally wet the floor.

Little Claudia, is the head of mischieve. Whenever she does something the other kids tend to follow her footsteps. She is incredibly mischievious, hyper and plain restless. There isn't any moment where you can see her sitting down doing something. Even if you try to settle her down to colour something or do some writing, the next thing you should expect from her if you have your heads turned behind her, she'll be going around terrorizing her classmates or perhaps get herself out from the class and there we go chasing after her. Today during their mandarin lesson, Claudia climbed up the table and began to stomp on it and having no choice I have to carry her down from the table not knowing that she's enjoying it cause I began to tickle her after that and guess what!? Grace see-ing how much fun it is being carried and tickled by their "jie jie" began to climb up the table and running on it.

Grace was the little "screamer" during her first few days in school. Though she still cried in the morning when her mommy dropped her in school, she began to settle down in class along with her classmates and I noticed how caring she is. For instance, today, one of her classmate, another "screamer" who sorta just joined the rest for lesson was crying so hard today, so what Grace did was, she offered her tissue papers and asked her not to cry.

Little Yong Yuin is the one that Vee Lynn is pretty attached to. Vee Lynn is always asking for her. And Yong Yuin tends to brush poor Vee Lynn away whenever Vee Lynn wanna hold hands with her so I havta get them to hold hands knowing that they might go missing during their classroom transition. Little Yong Yuin is the "toughie" along with Vee Lynn. She cried today though and I don't really know why except for the fact that she asked for her mommy all of the sudden. Its not her to ask for her mommy all of the sudden and tearing. But I guess she's having a tough time with something so I got her to stop tearing and managed to distract her with something fun instead. Somehow I think she's affected with the kids around her tearing most of the time and eventually she feels the need to tear for the attention or something.

I began to get use to chasing after the kids when they are up to something, them getting into a fight and patch things up for them, and mostly tearing up because they want their mommy or their big brother to be around. On the first day I was like o.O when that happened but now I feel the need to get them all settled and try to help the teachers to get the kids adapt to their new environment.

I never knew being with those kids are such joy. Then again, I didn't expect some of you to actually read this post of mine. I wanted to post this here for me to read through next time actually(like keeping track with myself). I guess you'll be expecting more post from me about the kids in school.

Oh yeah, by the way, noticed that I remember most of the kids name(I didn't list them all down but I think I can manage to list down at least 12 of them here). Its really weird cause I don't remember the teachers name till now though I've been working with them since December(some but I still don't know their names) except for the principle and the teacher in charge.

PS: This post is from the girl who hates kids and doesn't want to do anything with kids before this. She expects her friends to ask her questions like, "WHAT?! Why on earth do you want to work in a kindergarten anyway!? I thought you HATE kids?!" But the girl wants to be engrossed in something different and new this time she she decided to help out in her former kindergarten. The girl is me.^^

Its Aidan's birthday today!! Happy birthday little one!=p

No comments:

Post a Comment