Sunday, November 1, 2009

Field trip to Cambodia, Day 2-The goriness

Day two of my trip to Cambodia hits off with a joyous beginning..
Below shows what happened after lunch..

Yeap, we went hyperish for a while..
We are on our way to the Killing Fields!

On our way there,
We were stucked in the traffic..
The tour guide told us the story of the people back then in Cambodia,
What happened to the elders and the kids back then..
Basically,
The tour guide told us the Cambodia history..

The people who sat in front were listening attentively..
Mr Hanna however..
Not knowing why is he so busy with his camera...

I glanced behind..

It was surprisingly quiet in the bus..

Except for the voice of our tour guide..

They were actually...






Sleeping with their mouth opened(some of them..Xp)

And so we arrived....



We were greeted by this building..

Not knowing what is in it..

We moved closer as our tour guide tells us stories about that place..

Curious..

The skulls of the victims,

That were tortured and killed by hammers, bamboo sticks and some other sharp objects,

The Khmer Rouge didn't wanna kill them with bullets since it costs a lot..


The clothes of the victims were collected and placed in that building..



Can you see the crack of the skull??




Just so you know..

The skulls in the building are only some of the skulls of the victims..

There are still a lot of them out there(scroll down to see what I mean by that)




Here..

The bodies of the victims were thrown into this place...


The holes..

Were the graves of the people(not one, but there are a lot of them being thrown into that hole after being killed.)





This is the tree, where the Khmer Rouge..

Killed infants, babies and children by throwing them against the tree..

Their fragile bodies were crushed against the tree..

Those were the few things we discovered along our way exploring the killing fields..


Clothes..

There are still bones on the grounds, tooth and pieces of clothes from the victims


The bones and tooth..



This place used to be a school..

But the Khmer Rouge used that place to torture prisoners..

Those prisoners were educated people and important people such as the policeman, inspector, students..





We were in one of the rooms where they kept the prisoners..

Its a classroom actually, but the Khmer Rouge turn them into prisons..



They, the prisoners are not allowed to communicate with anyone in that place, so that room is sealed. The prisoners were locked onto the bed, they are not allowed to move unless they were taken out to be questioned by the pot pot regime. There are also a container for the prisoners to relieve the excessive remnants in their bodies..











This bar used to be the student's tool to exercise..

But the Khmer Rouge used that to torture the prisons..

Read "The Gallows"


The young children and teenagers below..

Were trained by the pot pot regime..

To kill, even their own parents..


Even this lil guy right here..

Were trained to kill..

Its either kill, obey what they want you to do, or you'll die in their hands.


Pictures of the prisoners who were tortured..

The Khmer Rouge took the pictures of the victims they killed and tortured..

But their backgrounds were not mentioned..

The girls have the same haircut, same outfit(same goes to the guys)




They were not given food,

Tortured till the day they finally gave in and come out clean..

And there's when their life will come to an end...

The Khmer Rouge are careful not to kill them when they torture the prisoners..

So that the prisoners have no choice but to end their pain by coming out clean..






The floors..

There are blood stains on it..


The prisons..
So I went into it just to get a picture of how small the prisons are to kept those prisoners..
Besides that room you saw up there..
My camera ran outta space for more pics..
So I havta delete some of my pictures(I deleted those random pics I took obviously)

Debz was with me but she wandered off herself after that..
Which means..
I am all alone in that place..
It was dark..
Very dark actually..
Nobody was there..
Although there were other tourists in that building,
But they weren't in the same room as I am in..

As for my mates who came along with me in that trip..
They were downstairs loitering..
I went upstairs into that building to see how is it like in there..
Or in other words,
I am curious to see what is in that building..

Note : There are 3 buildings in that place. And that lil prisons you guys saw up there is one of those buildings..

So yeah..
Back to me being alone in the prison..
There are a lot of them..
And I went into them to cross over to the other side of the prison..
As I stepped into the prison..
I can feel how cold it is in it..
Though I am sweating all over..
And outside the prison, its rather warm..
However,
I got this different feeling when I stepped into the prison..
It was cold in it..
It feels as if there are someone in it..
There're sadness in the atmosphere.....


Thats the door I crossed over to get to the other side of the prison..



I didn't snap any pictures after that,
Since I am trying ro save more space for my third day of the trip..
That night..
I was out with my friends...
Exploring Cambodia again..
Cherishing how is the night life like over there..
My girlfriends went into those boutiques and check out stuffs in it..
While I discussed politics with Mohammad..
Since he's an Iranian,
He has a lot to say about the politics in his country..
He told me about Saddam Hussien,
And how he admire George Bush,
I am not kidding there..
He told me he admire Bush for what he did for America..
Which is rather shocking coming from an Iranian..

My third day in Cambodia will be posted here later..
Felvin just scared the shyt outta me!
I practically jumped outta my seat when he greeted me in MSN out of the blue.

Since I didn't expect any of my contacts to come chatting with me now,
For its already 4.35am!
And Felvin came asking me if I am serious about wanting that alcoholic drink from Russia(since he tagged me pictures of the alcoholic drinks which looks heavenly to me and I told him I want them to send those to me..)
I finished typing out the stuff about the prisons and I actually thought I am back in Cambodia in that prison alone when I typed out stuff about my experience in that building alone...
So yeah,
It sorta freaked me out when Felvin suddenly came popping out in my MSN convo=____=
That idiot!
LOLLL!!


Its November already!
Oh noes!=X

No comments:

Post a Comment