Saturday, November 7, 2009

Field trip to Cambodia Part 3-Finale

My third day in cambodia..
We visited a temple..
And spent time with the kids at the orphanage..




This lil dude here is actually 16,fyi..

Due to malnutrition, the kids look way younger than they are supposed to be..


Socializing with the kids at the temple..

They are such cool bunch, who approached us and introduce themselves to us when we were there..


Our tour guide with Mr G.

This dude is 14th, he came up to me and introduced himself to me..

Became our "tour guide" in that temple by showing us around..




Such beautiful scenery I get to witness at the peak of the temple..



















Lunch,

Buffet style=)

Then we went to the orphanage...

They greeted us through a performance, very spontaneous one actually..

They were good, they sang the Cambodian version of "If you are happy and you know it.." song

We were asked to perform for them..

So we replied to their Cambodian version of "If you are happy and you know it" song by translating it to English for them..




The kids asked us for a game of volleyball,

And I was invited by them to play basketball with them..

So yeah..

We had a short game of basketball and volleyball with them..

They were such good players, and they know the rules well=)




Shalini and I joined them for a game of basketball,

We were in different teams to be fair..

Saw Shalini trying to make her goal for her team?






The kids can speak a few language, Korean and French are one of them...

Obviously they can speak English, rather fluent English in fact.


Then its time for us to make a move to the Russian market,

To do a bit of shopping, since we are running out of time..

The kids walked us to the entrance and sang a farewell song for us(if I am not mistaken)



There are heaps of stuff being sold at the Russian market
Its like the shops are very close to each other..
And its rather easy for you to shop for souvenirs there,
Only thing is you havta bargain.
Stuff sold there are mostly handicrafts, handmade accessories(which I bought them as a souvenir for my friends),silks and food?

My final day in Cambodia..
I woke up early,
Since I didn't wanna waste my time sleeping in the hotel and miss the fun out there,
Mohammad, Debz and I took the tut tut to the Russian market to shop..
We had our breakfast in a cafe near the Russian market..




Debz wanted to go back to the hotel after that,
And I still want to explore Cambodia for a bit...
So we took the tut tut back to the hotel..
Debz went back to the hotel to pack her stuff and get ready to leave..
Since we were scheduled to check out by 2pm..

Mohammad and I went to the Central Market,
Which is also another attraction among the tourists who went to Cambodia,
Along with the Olympic market if I am not mistaken..
Its a place where they sold heaps of stuff too..
Gems,clothes,watches..etc..
Mohammad wanted to see how is the shopping centre like in Cambodia,
So we dropped by the shopping centre..
We were greeted by a rather posh ice cream shop,
Which is something like Haagen Daz, but its way better than that and cheaper too..



In the hotel lobby,
Waiting for our trip mates to get their stuff ready..
The bus is already waiting for us out there..
And we are ready to go back home..

No comments:

Post a Comment