Saturday, October 10, 2009

Smart-alex wannabe's

Gawd!
I slept for 13 hours!!!!
Or was it 14?
It was such a satisfaction being able to sleep for such long period,
But at the same time,
I am feeling tad guilty about it..
Knowing that I could use the extra bits of few hours to do my research.
Oh well..

I've not been able to get myself out of bed for the past few mornings,
I absolutely hate the feeling of waking up in the morning,
Thinking that I HAVE to get myself up..
To go to school.
Boo hoo!
But by the end of my 3rd period I am almost wide awake.
Yesh,
THRID FRIGGING PERIOD!Xp

So you are like half asleep during your first period everyday?

No...
Actually I can't afford to be half awake during my first period,
Or I'll deem doom!
Since I have my Moral Studies during my second period,
I allow myself to be a goldfish at times..
Being asleep with my eyes open?
Just kidding..Xp
With Lucas, Mei Shan adn EC around..
Not forgetting Allison,
Its hard to fall asleep during Moral Studies..XD

I had a weird dream last night,
A stupidly weird one,
I dreamnt that I am going for an interview to get a position in the Editorial Board,
My campus with an Editorial Board?
Hmm..
Interesting,
But not likely they'll have that(I don't know)
And I was being interviewed by this cranky librarian,
A sort of old Indian aunty sadly,
You can find them in my campus library,
Getting ready to snap at you whenever they get the opportunity to snap at you,
I am not joking about those indian aunties who love snapping at you,
Giving you answers to your question and not forgetting to make you feel stupid,
In other words,
Those aunties,
I am pretty sure they don't have any degree or what so ever in anything,
But those gossipy ones..
The ones you can find in the morning or night market,
Will hardly answer your question,
When you need the librarian assistance to get a book from the library,
You see,
These smart-alex aunties doesn't know the importance for students like me,
To get my hands on certain books I needed for my research,
So usually,
I havta dig my way in my library to get the materials I need whenever,
Those cranky aunties are in charged in the library.

Sometimes,
I wish the campus authority will just fire these lazy aunties whimps.
Who just sit and do nothing.
Only to snap at us whenever we need their assistance in searching for the books we need.
There are other librarian, but you cán hardly find them around.
Usually those cranky indians aunties you can see sitting by the counter,
Along with their lazy eyes piercing into you whenever you got into the library.
And sadly I love to spend my time in the library..
I learn to ignore these aunties now,
But at times,
I just can't help myself to snap at them in return for their disrespectful attitude towards the students.
(Obviously I didn't do that! Though I am tempted to)
Plus its not like we didn't respect them or anything,
We spoke to them like an intellectual,
And got such barbaric replies from those aunties.
They look barbaric anyway..
*shrugs*

So yeah in my dreams,
I went for an interview for a position in the Editorial Board,
And I was being interviewed by those barbaric aunties.
As my "resume" they need my Biology notebook..
And from what they found in my Biology notebook,
They'll ask me questions about the cellular respiration cycle.

OMG!
Typing these out seemed more ridiculous that I thought it would be.

Moving on..
They asked me questions about what I've learn from my Biology class,
And scrutinized at my diagrams...
They picked on my written work in my notebook.

Obviously,
I was flaming within me.
I thought how dare these good for nothing aunties have a say at my hardwork being spilled into my Biology notebook, when my Biology lecturer likes what I did for my notebook. Knowing that my Biology lecturer didn't give such ridiculous comments about my diagram drawings and in fact she is pleased with what I did for my diagrams all these while. So guess what I did? As much as I want a place in the Editorial Board(in my dreams), and as much as I should hold myself back from snapping at those good for nothing aunties who thinks they know everything when surely you know that they are in fact have none of those degrees to proove themselves to intellectuals like us who are moving towards the world of intellects and will only tolerate facts not empty talks I snapped at those aunties. I told them about my lecturer not showing any disatisfactions with my piece of work, and that they do not know anything that we learn during our Biology class so they have no rights to say anything about my diagrams or my notes.

That happens all in my dreams.
But in reality?
If I ever bumped into such *cough* people*...
I will not stop myself from denigrating them,
And although I know that they don't know better,
Besides knowing that you should humble yourself upon these kind of people,
Who thinks they know everything..
Those "smart-alex" wannabe's I call them.
But why preserve yourself like that and allow such people,
To degrade you when you know yourself,
That you know better than them.
And although you know better than these people,
You can't help but to say that you still need to learn a lot,
However,
In terms of preserving youself from being degraded by such people,
You should defend youself..
Though you know its not worth defending yourself to such imbecils.

But in normal basis,
I mean in reality..
As much as I like the idea of defending myself from being attacked by these smart-alex wannábe's,
I prefer to keep my mouth shut and say nothing at all..
And marveled at their idiocy at throwing their "theories" right into your face,
Slashing with with insults,
Trying to pull your self esteem down..
Cause I know,
Its really not worth defending yourself but to allow them to think that they have their way in you,
When the truth is,
You are laughing at them for being so ever stupid,
Exposing themselves to you.

Shall I say..
Not saying much when you are with such people,
Is the best and ideal way to keep things to yourself.
To preserve your integrity is by being a listener when comes to this situation,
Despite of the fact that you are tempted to say something to justify yourself to such people,
But you should know that you are putting yourself in the same boat with them,
If you try to justify yourself to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment