Sunday, October 4, 2009

I am not a sexist

The other day..
I came across an article on the Sunday STAR newspaper on gender bias..
The next day, I spoke to one of my guy friend about it..
Knowing that it'll stirr up a discussion between us based on that subject,
Since I wanted to know from a guy's point of view about that subject.
He claimed that I am a sexist..
Well,
I always get that from most of the guys I know..
For I am always the one who stood up for my own gender,
Whenever I got the chance to..
Speaking up for them..
And protecting them from being insulted by some males who has the superiority complex planted into them..

I am so used to being labelled as a sexist,
And somehow..
I began to believe that I am one.
Then again,
It puzzled me a whole lot..
When I know for sure that I can get along better with the guys..
Since I grew up in an all guys environment..
I don't mind them really,
In fact..
The guys are the ones..
Whom I can share my thoughts with..
And expecting feedbacks from them,
What I realized too is..
Guys are easy to talk to and get along with..
Ignore the fact that they have that ego streak in them,
(I have them too myself.)
Or some guys can be a downright jerks at times especially when they started bitching about women..

Mind you...
Guys can bitch like god knows what!
You think the ladies bitch all the time..
Wait till you join a bunch of guys with superiority complex!
Don't be surprise..
You might be blown away by their bitchings..Xp

I reckoned,
I am being labelled a sexist because I hardly give into guys pressure..
To go out with them.
Or even have anything serious with them..
And even being called a lesbian for not showing any interest in them,
Besides being a friend and fooling around with them..
Discussing about the randomest stuff..
Expecting them to come out with either empty talks or something with substance..

I managed to find a few blogs..
That are worth my time reading..
And I stumbles across a blog which explains why am I not a sexist.
Click
here
to read Why Feminism is not sexist


"Focusing on one problem does not deny or belittle the existence of others."



No comments:

Post a Comment