Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rude and inappropriate questions

Went shopping with Jade in One Utama=)
She brought me to this incredibly BEAUTIFUL restaurant there called Garden,
And that restaurant, actually its a cafe which is based on the theme
(you guys can guess what are the theme based on knowing what is the cafe name).

I like the environment there and you guys havta go there yourselves to see how is it like..
The snapshots below are not enough for me to explain the exquisiteness of that cafe.








So people have been asking how much I got from working at the kindergarten.
And I feel really really uncomfortable talking about the pay although its a good pay.
I don't think its appropriate for someone to ask others how much is their pay regardless of their age, and also regardless of how long they've worked at that particular place or what job they are doing.
Personally, not only such nosiness disgusts me, but I really find it rude for someone to ask others how much is their pay.
Yeah, perhaps some of you work just for the money..
But in my place, at this age where I haven't even got a proper degree yet..
For me to get a job during my break, is just a way for me to spend my time on something useful and mostly, its good to learn from a whole new experience and a different environment.

When I worked at the kindie,
I didn't ask the principle how much will I be paid..
Nor I did ask for my salary..
To be honest,
I didn't ask to be paid.
I ring the principal up and asked her if she needs a helping hand..
And yes, she did.
Hence, I am there helping her with looking after the kids for a month and boy, its such a wonderful experience I got from working at the kindie.
Yes, I did get paid anyway and its a good pay yada yada..
So what annoys me is..
People whom I can consider them as strangers(which doesn't means I don't know them by their name or where are they from, but they are people whom I hardly or don't speak to) came up to me and ask me questions like, "Oh hey, I read in ya blog that you worked at a kindie and well I am just curious how much you got paid for that."
Not exactly strangers but friends(should I even consider some of them as friends?)
My point is..
Don't people of my age..
Work for other things besides money?
So yes..
We have our needs..
We wanna save up to buy this and that so yes..go ahead..
Its really a good thing to work for something that you really want instead of waiting for your ATM machines(your parents) to provide you with whatever you want.

But I don't think people,(especially young teenagers) should work in a neducation settings because they consider that job as their "easy way out" to get a good paid part time job, since those kids can really do with young people who really have the heart to educate their young minds and not only educate them for the intention of gaining as much cash as possible to satisfy their needs of wanting to save up to buy something for themselves but to get the experience just like I got from working with the little ones learning how tactful the kids can be compare to adults..

I am gonna stop ranting there..
But one piece of advice,
If you wanna work for only the money.
Go find some other job and stay away from jobs in the education settings..
I don't care if you are some assholes who doesn't give a shit about education or educating others,
Be a waiter, work as a salesperson or whatever..
Just stay away from the education settings..
I hate teachers who worked for the money and I do not wanna know any of people that I know of working as a teacher just for the money.

Then again..

That doesn't means I still think its appropriate asking others with other jobs how much they got paid cause its downright RUDE asking people such inappropriate questions..

I am sure you wouldn't want people to ask you such questions regardless of who they are unless they are your parents(cause obviously they got the rights to know) and its such a dangerous world we are living in, you might wanna watch what sort of stupid questions that you asked others or what came out from your mouth..

Nevertheless, you can always be happy for those who got a job of their interest and also be happy for those who got their salary instead of going all like, "How much you got paid." =___=

I've said enough..
Its bedtime now..
I am tired..
And yesh,
Will be dropping by the kindie tomorrow=D


Yes, I do still keep this blog of mine..
But blogging is what I like and despite of my interest in blogging random things in this site of mine, I do watch the content that I do wanna put it up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment