Saturday, August 11, 2012

First week of internship

My first week of internship taught me a few things:

1) I have to learn the kids name soon. Cause if I don't I'll have a hard time to get them to respond to me and connect to them.

2) The kids will test your boundaries when you are new to that place. Just like every other children and teenagers, they test you.

3) What I've learned in theory is really different in real life. Theory may seem simple. But the application is just..very different? 

4) The kids may be very stubborn, sometimes loud, and just plain naughty. But they sure make you smile and laugh. Only problem is I got to learn how to stifle my laugh just not to reinforce some of the negative behaviour.

5) Baby steps, is baby steps. You gotta find a way to learn what baby steps mean for each kids.

6) Patience is a damn good virtue. It's very rewarding to have the patience. And I'm glad that I managed to learn those from Jyun and my previous experience with kids at the kindie.

7) The kids have a lot to teach you. I just have to be more observant of them to be able to learn more from them.

8) The kids might be able to talk or they may not have any audible speech at all. Not only I have to determine who can do what, I have to know what are they trying to tell me to be able to teach them.

9) There are terms that I have not come across before and there'll be more to come.

First week has been rather hectic..
And I'll have a lot more to learn in the up coming week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment