Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

So today is Daddy's Day. It's only fair if I come out with a post for my dad since I had one for my mom on Mummy's Day.

I am more of a Mummy's girl than a Daddy's girl. My high school girlfriends may assume that I am a Daddy's girl because dad is constantly around. Plus, it's so obvious that he is incredibly protective towards us to the extend he likes to control what we do. Anyway, before I have the capability to drive myself to places, my dad was the one who drove me everywhere and pick me up from anywhere. He was the one who cooks for us most of the time and he still cooks for us till today. He learnt how to cook proper meals for us since we are all picky eaters and he makes a mean chicken curry and fish curry :) But that's about it. I usually only turn to mom if I need advice in something important to me like school stuff, career, and so forth since it's really hard to talk to my dad about things.

He was a very hot tempered person who likes to jump into conclusion and it's not a pleasant one. It makes it tough to rationalize with him. Despite that, he's a good dad. More of a family man since he always puts his family first. I learnt quite a lot from dad as I grew up; mainly what to look for in my partner (Or not to look for) and mostly I have to work towards self reliance.

Anyway, to end this post..Happy Father's Day, Dad. Everyday is Daddy's day as long as your daughters and son try not get on your nerves :P I know my dad is lucky to have a daughter like me. No doubt about that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment