Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines Day

So yesterday was Valentines day. And coincidentally my partner and I had free time for each other on that day. We don't celebrate Valentines day since we don't find it necessary to do so when any other dates that we had are fun. After all, my partner doesn't need a day like Valentines day to take me out for good food and buy me flowers/gifts.

We did our usual stuff when we meet up which is going for food that we both feel like eating and of course getting our weekly cup of joe at our favourite cafe:) I even managed to find the time to hit the gym with him since I know I need to sweat all those toxic out from my body after what I've consumed for the past few days during the festive season.

We had Japanese food at Sushi Zanmai since I was craving for sushi. The branch that we went to were usually empty even during weekends. And yesterday there was a queue! Both of us were rather surprise to see so many people inside the restaurants and outside. We even passed by a florist and usually there were no people at the place but today business were incredibly good. We saw many couples walking hand in hand in the malls. We also saw alot of ladies with flowers (roses in particular) and later when we went to Publika to hunt for desserts, the place was packed too! Most restaurants were so packed so we decided to leave the place without out desserts.

It makes me wonder if couples only dine out during Valentines because any other festive season we don't usually see that many people in most restaurants. Do most guys/men think that making their girlfriends or partner feels special only on that day is necessary so that they can get away with it during normal days when there's no Valentines/birthdays/anniversaries? Florists thrive and bloomed during Valentines and any other days the place seem to be a lil lonely/quiet.

To me Valentines Day is overrated. It's a great day to earn loads of money from people though:D Flowers were more expensive, you can see all those soft toys that were being displayed way before Valentines all sold out when it's near Valentines, chocolates which comes in those fancy boxes were more expensive too and restaurants get to attract more people during Valentines day just because they have those special menu for Valentines day!

But what matters is when we make our special someone or friends or family feel that they are worth is and important every other days besides Valentines/Anniversaries/Birthdays:)

I hope you readers had a great day yesterday and for the past few days with your family/friends/partner. Cause I did and boy I was really well fed for the past few days:) The barista at my favourite coffee place even added extra expresso shot into my Mocha Latte :D

No comments:

Post a Comment