Monday, July 30, 2012

Between the Lines

Remember I just recently blogged about the book from Jodi Picoult and her daughter, Samantha?
Well I just finished reading the book.
It was so exciting that I can't put the book down, so I finished half of the book tonight.
I know I am supposed to be sleeping by now since I have a brunch date later,
Then again, the characters in the book seem so real to me that I don't wanna put it down.
After all the green tea that I just drank isn't a big help to me when comes to sleeping,
Cause I can't sleep.
Duh..
:)


Anyway..
It's a rather good book for young adults..
Perhaps for someone who are way younger than me..
Then again,
I think it's great for people my age too..
(Heck, people my age, children, and some middle age adults read crap like Twilight could possibly enjoy the book too)
But I don't want to compare Twilight with Picoult's book..
Cause Twilight plot is just..

Crappy.


I think Picoult's daughter, Samantha managed to capture the thoughts and bring the thoughts alive of most avid readers..
Who sometimes wondered how is it like to be a character in a book..
And wanting the character in the book to be real
The book is a "fairy tale" like story with great illustrations..

I am still trying to take in the ending of the book.
And reminding myself that it's a young adult fiction..
After all I'm so used to reading real life issues that it makes something fun a little hard to take in after I finish reading the ending..


I am not going to spoil the story for people who wanted to read the book.
So I shall leave this blog post hanging..

I think it'll make a great cartoon..
I can almost imagine Pixar turning the story into a movie:)

No comments:

Post a Comment