Monday, April 2, 2012

Austin Chase, Elcerdo & Fencing

One of the day during the break.. 
We went for our usual weekly doze of coffee, 
We went to:
Austin Chase :)
My mocha, Jyun's latte



After postponing our dinner date for approximate one month,
We finally managed to find time to go to the place Jyun wanna take me to..

It's somewhere in Bukit Bintang..
And when I stepped into the place,
I noticed how romantic the setting is..
There are a few pubs/bars/restaurants outside this place..
And apparently this place is really famous for their pork meat :)

We are not the only ones of course,
He made the reservation for us at 6.30pm..
So the place isn't that busy yet :)

Around 7pm ish, the place started to be filled with people..
And they have this tradition whereby they slice the meat the plates just to show the customers that they are really confident about the crispiness of their pork meat,
After that, the plates will be thrown into a pail and smashes into pieces.
Well I didn't take any photographs of those since I was busy enjoying the scene..XD
Complimentary bread and tuna.
I am a sucker for those two combo :)
Hot tapas (can't remember the name of the dish).
It's potatoes with tomato sauce or something..
Always wondered what tapas is so we got that for our appetizer..
Taste like fries with tomato? 
HAHA!
I like the combination too

Then comes to our main dish.
We had German Crispy Knuckle which is served with potato dumpling, Sauerkraut and Mustard & Beer Sauce, and Apple Mousse

 It was so crispy and juicy.
Have not tried any crispier pork meat besides this.
And the combination of Sauerkraut and Mustard & Beer Sauce, and Apple Mousse with the meat,
Is absolutely delicious.
Not a big fan of pork,
I mean this sort of pork meat, unless they are processed into sausages/meatballs..
But this place changed my perception towards unprocessed pork meat..XD
 Apple Mousse..
Sourish and sweet,
I like it with the meat,
Gives me all kind of taste which blends well in my taste buds..XD
 I tried the potato dumpling too,
It tasted rather meatish and salty too..
I only ate one since the pork knuckles are really filling :)
 Owh did I mentioned that the service in that place is really good too?
Since most of the items in the menu are alien to us,
The people who served us took their time to explain to us what some of the things mean,
Besides making recommendation on what is famous in that place.

As for desserts,
We had Werner's special which contains fresh strawberries in mango sauce and chocolate mousse and wild raspberry sherbet.
The verdict?
The strawberries are rather sour,
But other than that the I like the raspberry sherbet very much,
It's a great dessert for something other than chocolate :)
Digestive drink,
Jyun didn't finish his cause he doesn't like the taste of it..
It's erm..sourish, bitter, and sweet?
God knows what are those but they gave us that as a complimentary drink after the whole thing..
It does help me with the digestion though after that huge meal.

Overall,
It's a very satisfying meal.
I'm glad that we are able to make time for it =D
Like the setting of the place,
Have to give Jyun the credit for taking me there and finding out about the place :)
The pork there is a must to try.
On our way to the restaurant,
We actually had a discussion about people who cannot eat pork meat due to religious reasons,
It's a pity really.
Cause it somehow limits their choice,
Same goes to people who doesn't eat or are not supposed to eat beef meat due to religious reasons..

And before the semester begins,
I went fencing with a few of my classmates :)

Pictures are from my classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment