Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fairy tales?

Why am I not the messiest person you know or the nest person you know:



I am working on my assignment, hence that explains the messiness.

I usually leave my table in that condition for a while before I decided that it's such an eyesore=X And fyi, I don't sleep with those books scattered on my bed.


But my other babies in my room are pretty much organized, alongside with my other shelves in my room.

I went to the bookfest last week and I had fun shopping for novels to add them into my collection. I finally settled down with 12 books(one for my lil bro since I am still trying to instill the reading habit in him) and it costs me a total of RM200+ all together which is reasonably cheap.

So far I managed to finish reading Water by Bapsi Sidhwa which is an amazing book based on the life of the widows in India back then. And I am almost done reading Silent Boy by Torey Hayden. I thought that would be the one and only Torey Hayden's book that I haven't read but I saw a new release of her books being sold, but they are pretty costly, hence I am gonna get those later.



My sister on the other hand is still into Jacqueline Wilson's book and although she's already 14 years old, she shows no interest to other genres, which includes chic lit books, classical, fantasy, or horror. She still in her teenage book reading phase despite of the constant attempts to get her to read a more mature books/genre. But heck, she doesn't even understand the content of those simple classical stories, it deemed too complicated for her apparently=___= Oh well.

So yeah, I should stop ranting about books. I have a fetish for them, so don't mind me.

My cousin sis is back from the UK and she bought me a new backpack! She's gonna get married really soon since her boyfriend can't wait to settle down. To be honest, I find it really sad. Since weddings never seemed to leave that "living happily ever after" impression to me ever! No joke, and I ain't gonna exaggerate or trying to. I personally feel, view, and think weddings are the mark to the end of someone's life especially when they decided to get married at such young age or immediately after they've graduated.

I always see there's so much for everyone and anyone to do besides marriage. Especially when they are done with their studies, there'll be so much more to look forward to and marrying just sorta put an end to it. And when the lil ones emerges in their life, there mark another HUGE and MAJOR responsibility and more headaches that will troll along with them. So yeah, I find marriage depressing=X

Even my girlfriend agrees with me on that:

Moon Willow: "HAHA!! OMG Lynnie!! I drag my feet to a wedding, cross my arms and scowl the deepest scowl I can give :P We're funny aren't we :) I'd rather a masquerade party anyday, would go as a sexy zombie :P And I HATE WEDDINGS :) Haha. Too cheesy :/ Let's elope ;)"

So yeah, I don't think there's anything "magical" or fairy tale-ish about weddings. Well, I did mentioned about that in my previous post when I attended some chinese weddings and I havta drag myself to that event out of respect.*rolles eyes*

I hereby quote my bestie, "Not every girl dreams of a white wedding. Not every girl believes in fairy tales."

Dr Priya laughed at my statement when she asked us about our schemes on weddings. I mentioned, "It's the end of your life." But most people still find it really weird when I don't favor weddings or marriage and don't even believe in them. My aunts almost always ask me about it. That thought of mine hasn't been changing since I hit my teenage and it remains the same for I can't see what is so nice about marriage, since to me it's just a piece of paper and I have had enough of watching people marrying for the sake of marrying or having to marry since they accidentally got themselves pregnant. So, practice birth control alryte? You don't want to make such decisions cause you have no way out. There is a way, but it's gonna be a looooong way. And who say there's a short cut in life anyway? Go for the long way if you must, then there'll be no regretsFree Blinkies

About my week this time. Uhhhh..I remember the part where I had to do this career test and lawyer is in the list which is what I wanted to do before this but my parents weren't supportive about it hence I settle for this course and I am happy with my decision. Then there're other pretty weird jobs in the list and I didn't know there are such jobs exist or what are they supposed to do. Or I don't even bother thinking about pursuing them such as being a marine biologist. Runa and I got a rather similar code in the career test. And we are about to conduct a career test on some high school student later as part of our assignment. Wish I can't conduct the test on my brother though, since I know he, like me back then was clueless about what he should pursue after he's done with his high school.

Then there's this Vineland stuff that we learnt how to score. And that reminds me that I havta make an appointment with a "client" or "participant" to conduct an interview and there's another on the observation thing for my Organizational Psychology which I havta get them done son and I am sorta looking forward to them. We played a rather interesting game during our Social Psych tutorial class which involves a couple of silent kills and some stabbing at the backs here and there, not forgetting a lot of strategy planning and mental games/war going on between the few groups. I managed to get even but at the same time, I felt bad about it laterSad Emoticons

Another, I'll be turning 19 real soon. I didn't really give much thought about it but I have my mom and my bestie to remind me. Not sure what do I want for my 19th birthday though. I mean it's not something that I should ask. If God ask me, I'll ask Him stop violence against women.

That's all for now.
But before that,

If you ask me how's my Raya break like. I would tell you that I have no Raya breaks and it sucks when I can't gain access to my uni library's database since my uni site decided to take a few days off to celebrate Raya *grumbles*

No comments:

Post a Comment