Sunday, November 18, 2012

Artisan Roast Coffee & Internship

Sometime this week,
I was out with the guys not shopping, but just hanging out this time:)
Well initially it was just Jyun and I at Artisan since we told Baezy that we'll meet him for dinner.
But he surprised us at Artisan since his boss said that he can leave work early that day:D


 The many facial expression of Baezy


 Our mocha

It has been a week since I last worked as an intern at ECC.
I miss the kids but did I mention that the end year party was a blast?
Yes it was.
We danced, laughed, and sing.
It was also my last day with the children, singing their theme song, and enjoy their presence.
Now I am left with the amazing memories.
Working with special needs children taught me many things.
It builds my character and it also brings out qualities in me which I didn't thought I'd have.
I had so much fun working with the other interns who happens to be my classmates.
Those lovely ladies are amazing. 
I learnt so much from them and I could go on and on about how good they are towards the children.

As for the teachers at ECC,
They welcomed us and made us feel like home.
The parents of the children were really amazing too and extremely supportive.
Although the teachers are really young (despite of what they said about our age gap),
But they are very experienced. 
I've learned how to be more creative as I work with them,
How to think critically and be more efficient in my work production since working with children with special needs requires us teachers to be a good problem solver.
I am still learning how to deal and manage certain issues and challenges when I work with special needs children and teenagers.

I've seen the children grow to be more attached to us interns,
I've watched how those children learn and help their peers despite of their shortcomings.
Most of all, I've learnt the meaning of unrequited love.

I love my job.
It was a really fulfilling job.
And I'm looking forward to working with populations with special needs in the future.
Thank you teachers and the lovely ladies who made the experience of my internship a very meaningful and fulfilling one.

I should give Amy/Eric the credit for taking such a beautiful photograph of us.

It has been ages since I stayed up at this hour of the day to work on my assignment.
Since I'm done with my internship,
I have to work on my thesis and internship report.
And right now, I am chasing after my deadline again.

No comments:

Post a Comment