Sunday, November 13, 2011

I hate weddings

The damnest thing you can hear from uneducated women who stays home all these while and thinks that a lady's job is to get married ASAP, once they hit 20.


So I attended a wedding dinner just now. The usual dull chinese ones where you get bad singers singing on stage and aunties commenting about how grown up you are and stuff. And I met a few aunties who annoys the hell outta me in the process due to their shallowness..


My aunt: Wow! You look so grown up now and so pretty! It's your turn to get married next!
Mom : She still has 10 years to go.


Exactly! Thanks mom! I don't think I can take any of those "get marry now since you are 20 now" rubbish from my mother.


The only M I am concentrating on is my Masters degree not MARRIAGE!


What is wrong with these aunties who kept going on and on about marriage!? It's not like they have such a happy marriage anyway. Having a husband who drinks, aggressive, and abusive. Wow. What an amazing marriage life no? No thanks. I think life has better things for me.


And another thing about getting interrogating about having a boyfriend is another uncomfortable situation. So what if I have a boyfriend now? That doesn't means that I am settling down now! Jeez! I am fucking 20 not 30 and settling down now is the last thing is my mind and it's not even in my mind for god sake!


Yes I am ranting. 
I HATE weddings.
And I wish to see people getting marry out of love not money.

No comments:

Post a Comment